Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Apt Search

the perks of finding a job means I'm getting the hell out of overpriced Isla Vista, where I've spent roughly three years competing with racoons and skunks for more space and a better smelling environment. But now I got to find a place to live, and have decided to make the move to Downtown.

I'd prefer to live somewhere near State Street. Being able to walk to the very American "commercial" zone reminds me of Italy and Europe (not that europe is better than america. wait, no, IT IS). I found a few places and wrote a short, honest bio about myself. I hinted I like cooking mediterranean food but excluded the whole super jew thing. The goyim don't need to know right away.

Any comments or revisions would be, as always, deserving a big hug and foray the daily kick in your kishkes.

I’m a 22 year old professional graduating this June from UCSB looking for housing for this up coming year. Although I prefer to meet in person, here’s my attempt to write an honest, quick bio about myself, and then hopefully we can meet up.


I’m graduating with a Global Studies major and a Writing minor. I’m not a hippie; I chose the major because of the poli-sci aspects and because it allowed to me to go to Italy and get credits. I studied in Bologna last year, spending 14 months in Europe. I love to travel, see new things, and am very open to new experiences.

I cook. A lot. Mediterranean and Indian are my favorite dishes. I’m used to the Italian style by now, which means cooking in mass quantities, with plenty for everyone.

Next year I’ll be working for a new non-profit Jewish organization based in Santa Barbara, acting as Sub-Director and head of Public Relations. I’ll be out of the house most of the day, and plan to work on short stories and a full length novel most nights, time permitting.

I love pets but don’t own any. I enjoy hiking, the beach, reading, watching DVDs but not television (we don’t have one in my current apt), dinner parties and just hanging out with friends, going salsa dancing-I drink when I go out, which is not that rare but not that often. I don’t smoke or do drugs.

I’m from the San Fernando Valley, a suburb of LA, though it’s very different from city life. We have strawberry farms and swap meets, and I’d rather go gardening or buying plants than go shopping…But hey, when the Gap has underwear sales I can’t pass on those. They’re too damn comfortable.

Did I leave anything out?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home