Friday, October 07, 2005

Breathe In, Breathe In

So much to blog, so little time...

So I'm done with the Dalai Lama. Not done as in, "I'm through with you, get the hell out of my house, and don't forget your sandals," but I've finished his book. One of them. And I've learned a lot.

Time is precious. We're all human. Life is suffering, and the goal of eradicating that suffering. Don't waste time thinking about the negative, and by looking at things from other perspectives, even problems can be opportunities to succeed. Sleep a lot. Be vegetarian. Find meaning.

Sounds a bit cultish? I don't know. Idon'tknow.

You know those people who are just, good people? That wasn't intended to sound elementary, but I've met a few people in my lifetime who are truly radiant, and radiate this sensation of happiness, goodness, kindness, positivity. They're the type you just want to be around, the kind everyone else wants to around, because their existence brings joy to others. Thinking about them makes you smile, or laugh.

I wanna be that person. And not for selfish reasons-not because I want to become "that guy, Aaron Small," the guy who makes or breaks the party, or to be liked by as many people as possible, but my goal is fairly altruistic. Can you imagine what the world would be like, if everyone had that quality, everyone just made everyone else happier just by living? I guess, on some scale of selfishness, yes, it would give me great joy and benefit to know I was having that effect on people, but I don't know I could actually measure that, or if I would want to. Just knowing that it's possible would be enough.

Hope you are doing great, life is treating you well, and you're treating your life well, and that happiness is spinning around you at titanic levels. And thanks for reading my blog. I love you.

3 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's so beautiful Aaron....(molto bello....mi piacerebbe anche ad essere questa persona...ma ci vuole tanto per tranformasi in questo modo d'essere, ci vuole un'anima pura ed essere felice in se stesso..e poi riesci a riflettere il tuo felicitá; buonta ed amore...
Che D-o ti benedica.)

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger _ said...

non oddiarmi, ma non ti riconosco! fammi un favore e spiegami un po'

 
At 1:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Non mi conosci, cioé stavo a navigare sul internet, sul sito Jewliscious e per caso sono finito sul tuo sito. Ho letto che scrivi ogni tanto in Italiano, percio ti ho lasciato un commento in Italiano.
Complimenti per il tuo Italiano, e benissimo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home