Wednesday, October 12, 2005

i need your help, help.

so im plagued by this weight of making a decision that i think will have serious, long-standing consequences. i hate the fact that were forced to plan for the future always, like the present is never good enough for us.

im juggling working in the following sectors for next year::
  1. jewish community
  2. business/non profit sector
  3. getting a teaching credential
  4. going for my masters in education
  5. going for the masters in public administration and jewish studies
  6. teaching, doing teach for america
  7. graduate school in creative writing
  8. journalism
And my brothers still think I should pursue writing, as if that's still an option. i spend more time writing on this blog than anything else. oh, and I still need to take the GRE, which if I'm assuming is anything like the SATs, is going to hurt me in ways i can't imagine. square roots and equations and factoring and "how many push pins will fit on a european sized dartboard?" and shaded concentric circles (the area of, of course)

any advice any of you people would give me would be greatly appreciated. i duly apologize for the lack of inspiring material and in its place, a coming of age rant from yours truly, but i need your help.

4 Comments:

At 5:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Appreciating your wealth of choices would be a start. Which ever option you take up will be great; you lucky baby! If you need help preparing GRE... Am quite the maths wiz, not that am showing off or anything.

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

So I can tell you from my research into Masters writing programs, that Brown University doesn't care about your grades. As long as your a college graduate, that's enough. Don't even bother with the GRE. But then, the one thing they do care about is your writing. And they only accept 25 students a year. But I'm sorta figuring they're my best bet even though they only take 25 out of who knows how many--200?-- y'know, since they won't look at my grades.
Also--here's something cool. Bar-Ilan has a Masters in Creative Writing (in English)! I'm thinking about that, too. But unlike studying abroad for a semester or two, this would be the whole years of getting a MAsters, so I don't know...but it's worth a look. :)

Good luck.

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

and by "your a college graduate" I meant you're. :)

 
At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Focus on a masters, creative writing can always be a (good) option in the future. Do whats best for you and your future.

Not you're.

:P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home