Tuesday, October 18, 2005

mondays, beach dates, japanese parties, chlorophyll

First let me get dressed.

thanks. now, let's get down to business.

I had an amazing day, possibly the best, most fulfilling day of work in my life. How you ask? Well, my jewish readers (and lone Taiwanese one-yes, I know about you) I had FIVE meetings with my program directors, and each one went better than the previous. But first, a little explanation: I work as a sort of program director for a non-profit, and because all my workers are college students, I set meetings, or forest hours, or office hours, or whateveryouwanttocallthem hours every Monday and Thursday, for about 3 hours. The first was long, a good 40 minutes, but effective. were planning [and already booked] a sushi singles night event, replete with cheesy but now sleazy bar mitzvah games, like spin the bottle, naked twister, pass the marshmallow from lip to lip, and a mandatory CPR training course. the second meeting was with an all-business, bissel of work senior with a chronic case of absenteeism, but the A-bomb straightened everything out, got him out of my coffeeshop corner office in 25 minutes! The third also kicked ass, and I got her seriously motivated to working with cancer afflicted children. The fourth was that orgasmic climax all you ladies are desperately searching for--the one I'm looking to give--was under 12 minutes. I refused to answer a question regarding another person, since it wasn't relevant and terribly bad for business, and got people committed and energized.

Today I was like this huge ball of chlorophyll giving chloroplasts to everyone within reach. If you're not motivated about life, about career, about your job, that message transfers to those surrounding faster than the disappearance of my former housemates sex life. [Seriously, he's still looking for it, as am I, but I think I'm closer, since I believe he's 99% gay and bleaches his hair and wears white on white to work everyday. Love you, man!]

It's this wonderful state I'm in. Preposition #4! :) A friend mentioned that she is constantly planning out the next stages of her life, always thinking of the future. Why not try to apply that all the time, every day? What if we set goals, personal / professional that we intended to achieve? Lately I've been going to bed at night with work and people on my mind, cataloging the day and crudely itemizing what went right, what went wrong, what I could've done better, what I should keep doing. Whatever it is, it's the little things that count, that small text message to those you you love, a phone call, an email, a real, handwritten letter, and ice cream.

I went out on a few dates this past weekend. If you're sensing that the self-righteousness is just too much bear, then please, keep reading because you know you want to. I'll admit that it's odd how I can divulge a bunch of personal information to the world, but shit,QUESTO E IL MIO BLOG. What's even wierder is that most people don't know this much about me. :) All right! SO where to start?

One was an ice cream date: I think it went well, I walked off with both hands still attached to my arms, a tell tale sign that SHE had a decent time and didn't want to murder me, but beyond that, no sparks. I had no inclination whatsoever to play smooth operator, and I'm still not quite so sure why. Was it me? Was it her? Blame it on the averse, sedative effects of my anti poison ivy Cortisone shots? We played tic tac toe on the sand, compared signatures, [I stole her A]...There's a buddhist, and jewish thought that stresses the importance of intellectual connection and how the physical tarnishes our opinion of others. well, many not tarnishes, but definitely confused our genuine perspective of the other person. I mean, come on, sex feels good. Perhaps that was running through my mind--regardless, I spent the night contemplating celibacy, and whether for the time being, it might be a good thing.

"Fuck that," I told myself the next morning. because the night before at a japanese party, i met a great woman, a woman--she's 28--that I feel I made some sort of romantic connection with, which happens superfically but never like that. Our conversation was some sort of precursor to falling in love, though admittingly, that is light years away. Still though, it's nice to start something post college, with a girl who is post-college, and show some sort of potential. I called her to go out for sushi a few hours ago. Got no response. No worries though. I shouldn't be worried though, right? tell me I shouldn't be worried. Do I looked worried? Stop saying don't worry!" Oh. And the best part? She's half jewish.

And speaks Italian.

Have a great day. Try meditation at some point. It'll change your life. It's changing mine. And now, I am not in a cult. Well, but that's a whole different story...

3 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes the mention of our meeting was on her, I feel so special :)

Jdiddy Youngedee

 
At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the mention of our meeting was on "there" i mean, not "her"

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger _ said...

dude, i know. sometimes, it just happens.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home