Sunday, April 17, 2005

It's official

My body just isn't what it used to be.

The Hillel Freshmen Retreat rocked. Rocked my body too. A full day of hiking, frisbee, swimming, and fifty or sixty worthy attempts at doing a handstand will exhaust you. My back, shoulders, calves, head, and ears hurt. I'm tired all the time. My brain is complaining.

But let's not let the kvetching stop there. Got three midterms tomorrow. I subscribe to the Forward and to the idea that my Global Studies, Journalism, and History professors meet up once a week after checking out GOLD to see what classes I'm taking, then jam all exams into one day. Fuckers. Couldn't you give the SuperJew just a lil' room to breathe?

Last night I had a dream I was an Israeli soldier running through the trenches of Ammunition Hill, in Jerusalem. So I have my carbine, got 5 comrades behind me, I'm running, and this Arab guy dressed up all in black, like some sort of ninja, pops out. With no time to think, I smash him with the butt of my rifle, and continue on. There's a machine gun raining hell up above on the other troops, so I throw a grenade, then under the cover of smoke, squeeze a few rounds and the gun is silent. Then, from what I can remember, I saw some dude standing in front of me with a bazooka. He never made it out alive. That's one for the books. Right?

1 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

im glad im not the only one feeling old and worn out, but youre still young and spry! have faith! you can still handle those all nighters, be them full of cramming or boozing, and next time we see each other, well have to prove it to one another. hey, have you checked out my blog at myspace.com?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home