Saturday, June 18, 2005

Heading Out #1

About to head out. Actually, we're doing some pre-game action here at my place, with the guys before we go out bar hopping down sunset...College slump is starting to set in. I realize now what I miss most is the interaction with everyone, friends, professors, ppl my age or near 22 who are all part of an educational ecosystem. I miss my roommates too. Not all of them, but some of them. It's hard to get ripped away from 5 guys you've known for an entire year. We've danced together, made Jewish and Philipino jokes together, gotten into belt fights (I got the pictures!)

Life is changing drastically for me, for all of us. I'm not getting into politics or religion here, though I could if I wanted to, don't forget that. Been thinking about the paths we choose, whether they choose us or we choose them. Some people I know are living a life without checking and making certain that that life coincides with they really want. I'm done with school, finished the "what I like to call" first 22 years of my life. And now I get to choose where I want to take it. I'm hoping that the path you take is the one you want to, or a step on the way to that which you want. Don't look back on life, 22 years down the road, and think "My life isn't what I wanted it to be." Just remember to keep asking yourself: "Is this what I want?"

Sorry if this is muddled. But in all honesty, it's pouring out. I went to the beach today with the mishpachah (that's family. word), for the first time in only Hashem knows how long. Years. Maybe longer. Longer than years? Possibly a decade. Yeah. The last time we went to the beach as a family could've been when I was twelve. My dad hates sand. My brother hated us. (The whole teenage angst thing which lasted a bit longer than we'd thought)

the sun makes me tired. it feels nice. i wanna try napping from midnight to 3 am just to see what happens. Don't forget to call your pops tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy to not be the only one afraid of just settling...and we both know that we are too good for just ok. follow your heart, just like you always have and youll be as great as you have always been.

-c
(hehe...im writing this from your computer!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home