Saturday, October 22, 2005

Dead or Alive!

That little button at the bottom of my blog that says SiteMeter--which oddly enough meters my site--tells me how people are accessing kosher confessions, and apparently, the most recurring google search which lands people to keepingkosher is--and you can check this yourself!--that post i wrote a long time ago, where I wrote the lyric "you spin me right round baby right round" over and over and over again. It was totally pointless, strange....a sort of diarrhea of the keyboard. You can blame it on the drugs, I can blame it on the 80s.

What is it that's causing the decade's resurgence? notice how resurgence kinds sounds like Iraqi insurgents? they're probably related, in some way. I'll throw money down on that. Maybe like 2 or 3 bucks. Million bucks. The zip ups, the tight jeans, the headbands, Bloc Party, Joy Division--it's like everything that we thought was bad is suddenly cool, and all the cool kids are playing the Napolean Dynamite soundtrack at their parties. Shit, fool. I grew up on Nirvana and Soundgarden and NoFx and baggy jeans and flannel and hawaiian shirts (just for a year) and Cactus Cooler [not this Jones soda crap, which to make matters even more confusing, tastes realy fucking good] and gigapets and AOL, not AIM, and chat rooms and Sim City Original version and then the later 2000. And Nintendo and Contra and Double Dribble and MeTroiD and the Three Amigos. Dude, there's no escape. I guess I'm a child of the 90s, and perhaps I'm regretting adaptation.

I'm gonna go download Oregon Trail and leave Independence without food. I'm buying 99 boxes of ammo to go fuck up some cattle and buffalo and then we'll see who wins. You spin me right round, baby. Right round.

2 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

Good luck hunting buffalo!

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Chanokh Tyler Berenson said...

Hey, is Cactus Cooler kosher?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home