Sunday, August 07, 2005

if you're wondering

Weidmanart.com has got cool posters. I saw some at the Pasadena swap meet, but were still overpriced at $25. "They're a steal" he says. "Steal my ass," I replied. I got a cool dresser than I'm gonna repaint a slew of colors: blue and green. too bad I have no house to put it in. Did I just end that sentence with a preposition?

Friends come and go...And lately more going than coming. That's been my motto lately. To let you in on a little secret, I'm from a pack of 5 guys in the valley that grew up together in the sandbox. we lives within 5 miles of one another. . One of em, one of the dannys, yeah, the crack of his ass would show a little bit of itself when we made sandcastles and dug our way to indonesia, because where else do you want to go when you're four? He's got a girlfriend now, living in Manhattan, making him nearly unreachable at all times. The other, Joe, is going to London in 10 days. The other is stayin here, but we're not that close at all anymore, so no big loss there. And the last one is becoming a rabbi I think. He called me today for the first time in months. He's got one of those needlessly super-aggressive personalities that doesn't let you get a word in because he's analyzing outloud his opinions on goddamn everything, and if you DO, by sheer luck have a counter opinion of your own, you'll need to either shout over him or just cut him off by cracking your hand through the air. Now that's conversation.

the summer is ending. and it's still 110 in the Valley. I like it. Today at the swap meet, saw some old guy with clear air tubes coming out of his nose, running into a knapsack slung across his shoulder. This was probably the oxygen bottle, I guess. He was breathing heavy, even though he was skinny which made him even more odd, but during my grotesque stares, I couldn't help but empathize with the geezer. "Yeah, me too, brother. We all can't breathe in this damn heat." Which makes it all so nice.

Here's to finding new friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home