Wednesday, August 10, 2005

the good times are killin' me

So I love my job.

I just finished SuperStaff SuperVision by this UberCounselor named Michael Brandwein, and it has to be one of, if not the best, book I've ever read on interpersonal communication, relationships, and problem solving. Written for camp supervisors to help them deal with camp staff, it's perfectly applicable to my job, which is sort of the same thing, except that my counselors are better looking that the examples he uses in the book. I sweardagod I'll marry this guy's daughter neice if she's even one tenth as smart as he is. If you're looking for a book that'll help you grow as a person, pick it up. I realize I'm goin overboard with the PR, but really, I can't recommend it any higher. And neither can the camp freaks on the inside pages.

Why is trader joe's so damn expensive? And why is it that everytime I come home I feel like I didn't get anything?

I have a seriously unattractive farmer's tan, a nice 'fuck you' from the sunburn I got in pasadena. I used aloe vera so my skin wouldn't peel, and for the first time in my life, I actually have color. Pigment! Time to pray to the god(s), and ask them What the hell took you so damn long?

Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer. Hilarious. Jewish. Not too Jewish. HYSTERICAL, laugh out loud funny. He's 26, and jesus, what a literary RISKTAKER this boy is. It has to be something in the matzoh balls. Or maybe his matzah balls. If only I could get some of those...

I need new music. If anybody knows of anything, let me know, hit the comment button, write a band, a song title, your phone number, Swiss bank accounts, sister's phone number (only if she's hot), and also a detailed explanation as to why I suck at math, and when that disturbing spiral plunged downwards. We're talkin the day here, folks.

Oh yeah, and girlfriend! Where do I find her?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home