Monday, May 09, 2005

Blogging in Davidson

I'm here sitting in the Library. Here's my predicament, and the joys of the Internet.

I have a midterm for my Journalism class, which totally sucks by the way. Bardach, a journalist who specializes on Cuba and the Castro familial ties, is the poorest excuse for a lecturer here at UCSB. She's disorganized (and a journalist!) can't grade papers (and is a teacher!) whose cell phone rings when she invites guest speakers to the class. I haven't touched or even seen the book we're required to read because a) I just don't want to and b) I've been busy with the film. So my idea was to ditch the midterm, study for a bit, and take it next week.

Bad idea. Apparently she's cancelling class next week, can't set up a midterm, blah blah blah, FINE.

The book is called Rich Media, Poor Democracy. After, I don't know, TWO MINUTES of Google searching, I found reviews on Amazon, and an entire website that contains excerpts of every chapter! Free Cliffs Notes mothafucka! So now I'm gonna read what the fool has to say, kick the midterms ass via plenty of bullshitting, have it cleared from my head so I can focus on real shit, real literature, my own writing, and some Philip Roth's Portnoy's Complaint, which chronicles the unleashing of the sexual monster in a 15-year old Jewish kid.

And I'm breaking in my new jeans! What a great day. Fuck school. Smiles for everyone.

2 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're awesome! your blogs crack me up all the time! anybody here actually know this guy???

rose_784

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats the right idea love! rather than studying for my finals ive been out drinking to celebrate my friend Garth's new job and now im a bit too tipsy to actually do work, so i guess im just going to have to keep drinking. its a tough life...
love, c
(as yes rose, i know aaron and hes even better in person!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home