Friday, August 26, 2005

Fed Ex Relationship

You ever see those unconditional givers who just give, give, give?

There's something wrong with that? I've been thinking, as it applies to jobs, life, love--there must be some art to receiving, letting our guard down, exposing our vulnerability that's just so lovable. Telling your particular Jew (or person) of interest that you need them, you actually need them, and not to staple stuff or take you to the airport, but instead on an emotional, deeper level. Deeper...What the hell that does that mean? I mean, I get That's deep yo, or What's the deeper meaning? but when it comes to love, you can't really explain it, can you? It's a feeling, a sensation, beyond words-It goes past anything else in the world.

Anyways, getting back to the matter at hand...Taking/receiving, shows appreciation, it shows humility, shows that you don't have all the answers and you require assitance, my assistance, which makes me happy, makes me feel useful, appreciated. So it's like Fed Ex essentially: the shipping company will go bankrupt if they've got nothing to send, and we'll go bankrupt if we can't get anything sent. see, um, what I mean?

4 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tell my particular Jew that I need him all the time. But that's because he's on the other side of the country.

- Bex

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

My mother's always taught me that relationships about not about give and take but give and receive. Sometimes, though, I wonder if the receiving part will ever come. Then it doesn't and I just end up feeling used. Um...so, on a happier note...sometimes it does come back! And that's the best because you know you've been appreciated.

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger _ said...

all relationship problems occur because the amount of love one person feels for the other is not mutual. you sound like the victim of a hook-up, only you didn't know it.

 
At 12:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sometimes its hard for a person to ask for help, to forego that semblance of strength and honestly tell their other that they need them, whether its straight out need or asking for some help opening that jar of pickles. and im very proud and protective of my independence, so i dont ask for help, i just hope my other will recognize that it would be nice if they offered. but after a while, they get used to not being asked for help, and they start to think you dont need them so much, and they forget to ask if youd like help and its a slippery slope until they dont even bother to consider you cause you always make them feel like you can do everything alone. i guess what im trying to get at is that give and take is not so cut and dry. its not always that the person is only take take taking from you, its that theyve learned from your actions that that is their place in the relationship.
im sure that didnt really make sense, but i bet aaron mr smalls gets me.

-c

 

Post a Comment

<< Home